[Gllug] Monthly GLLUG grammar report

Ian Moore ianm at imoore84.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Nov 26 13:00:34 UTC 2002

Tethys wrote:

> Quite how it's possible to get through school without
> learning at least some minimal grasp of the English language is
> beyond me, but somehow people manage it.

Possibily because children learn to understand their native language
before they get to school, which then teaches them how to read and write
based on this foundation learnt in their formative years.

If the foundation is poor then school probably becomes more of a damage
limitation exercise than a constructive project.

no wot ah mean, innit

Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk