[Gllug] Urgent

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Sat Nov 30 11:18:44 UTC 2002

On 30 Nov 2002, John Winters wrote:

> This is the one kind of UBE I do respond to and am thinking of setting
> up an auto-responder.  They're unique in that they do actually tend to
> have a real reply-to address.  If everyone responded, either with a
> simple, "No thanks" or something more direct, the senders would be
> thoroughly overwhelmed and it might discourage them.
>
> Presumably it should be possible to train Bogofilter to identify
> specifically these.

Personally I believe that the best thing to do is to RBL those ISPs that
support this kind of activity.

I've tried complaining about them. After I complain I get more 419 from
the same server. At that point I blacklist the server. Typically it's a
corporate or ISP mail host.

I am of the opinion that we need to pressure those who support this kind
of abuse and RBL type blacklists are the only effective tool in that
battle.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/			Sign Up Now

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk