[Gllug] vt100 emulation

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Fri Oct 25 15:30:02 UTC 2002

"brad" writes:

>Does anyone know how to remap the keyboard in rxvt etc...
>I need function keys F13...F20 for a program that connects to a VMS server

Use xev to find out the keycode sent by the keyboard for those keys,
and then xmodmap to map those keycodes to whatever keysym you want.
If required, you can further map they keysym to a given escape sequence
by writing your own terminfo description (or rather, by modifying the
standard rxvt one -- "infocmp rxvt" will get you started). Compile your
custom terminfo description with tic, set your TERM environment variable
to the new terminal type, and away you go.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk