[Gllug] Postfix

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Wed Oct 30 11:56:20 UTC 2002

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Neil Fryer wrote:

> I have setup a Postfix mail server and initially my domain was going to be
> onetwosnap.com, but it has now changed to 12snap-mcd.com, now I have changed
> this in postfix, but when I send a mail on the server to say root, it still
> says that it comes from xyberpix at onetwosnap.com, and now
> xyberpix at 12snap-mcd.com, where the hell would I change this?

Your from address is usually set by your MUA (or the systems hostname if
you have not configured it).

Check what hostname your system is set to.

You could also masquerade all outgoing email to be from your domain in
postfix but that may have wider implications.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/			Sign Up Now

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk