[Gllug] gantt chart drawing program?

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 29 23:44:53 UTC 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 23:21, Stig Brautaset wrote:

> to have support for drawing gantt charts, and "apt-cache search gantt"
> didn't find any hits either.

apt-get install mrproject.

> I've even googled, but didn't find anything
> obvious. That is, apart from http://www.ganttchart.com/ which is
> payware. There's a free trial downloadable from their website, but I
> thought I'd rather ask what do people here use.
>
> Do you share my housemate's view that a gantt chart is vital?

PHB's like them.

> If so, I
> guess for my basic needs I can draw one up in gnumeric or directly in
> LaTeX.

MrProject from http://mrproject.codefactory.se/, will happily do you
nice Gantt Charts. The version in Debian testing is 0.5, whereas the
unstable version is 0.6.3 (I think). 0.5 won't print, so you may way the
unstable version. Unfortunately, you'll have to install half of GNOME2
if you're not running unstable....

Mike.

HTH,

Mike.