[Gllug] Phoneline DACSed today. Now reduced to 28.8kbps

Garry Heaton garry at heaton6.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Oct 8 20:30:19 UTC 2002

BT fitted a phoneline in my neighbour's flat today and I learned from
the engineer that I've been DACSed, ie. connection split in half. Even
my XP box, which was connecting consistenly at 48.6kbps in now reduced
to 28.8 max. Linux box with Diamond SupraSST 56e Pro external is even
slower though can't read connection speed from the KPPP tab. Is there a
command line tool I can use to guage my connection speed?

Has anyone any experience of this? If so, is there any precedent for
getting BT to un-DACS if the protest is loud enough?

Garry Heaton

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk