[Gllug] Iptables

itsbruce at uklinux.net itsbruce at uklinux.net
Thu Oct 10 15:55:33 UTC 2002

http://www.linuxguruz.org/iptables/howto/iptables-HOWTO.html

> should be doing anyway?

Iptables is more powerful and flexible that ipchains.  It does stateful
analysys, for one thing.  This means that you can create a rule that
says "Block all incoming traffic from remote port 80 unless it is part
of a connection started by a machine from subnet x.x.x.x" and other more
wise and wonderful things.

--
Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk