[Gllug] Long shot: Zaurus

Robin Smith robin at uk-smiths.com
Sun Oct 6 21:18:21 UTC 2002

I have just rebuilt my kernel to 2.4.18 to support USB networking so
that I can network to my Zaurus.

This works but it only if I restart the network after the Zaurus has
been powered on in the cradle, e.g.:-

1. Put Zaurus in the cradle and press the sync button to power it on.
2. Run /etc/init.d/networking stop
3. Run /etc/init.d/networking start
4. The run wget -r ftp://root@192.168.129.201:4242

In theory the network should be automatically started when the USB code
detects the Zaurus. Any pointers on how to automate this so I don't have
to stop and restart the network using the root accout?

My debian interfaces script is:-

auto usb0
iface usb0 inet static
  address 192.168.129.1
  pointtopoint 192.168.129.201
  netmask 255.255.255.255
  up route add -host 192.168.129.201 dev usb0
  down route del -host 192.168.129.201 dev usb0

Regards

Robin

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk