[Gllug] Anti-virus

Vidar Hokstad vidar at hokstad.name
Wed Oct 23 10:37:01 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 11:31, Dan Kolb wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 11:01:50AM +0100, Vidar Hokstad wrote:
> > A window less room won't help you much unless you also tempest proof it
> > :-) (or someone with the appropriate equipment can pick up the
> > electromagnetic emissions from your screen and reconstruct the image)
>
> Use of LCD monitors should fix that, unless I'm mistaken.

That solves the issue of the screen itself, provided that electronics in
the screen, the machine, and all cables are isolated well enough too.

One military installation I was at to help out with some software
installation actually had a sealed room for that purpose. You weren't
allowed to run applications with certain security levels unless the
door was closed, and the room was built essentially as a Faradays cage
deep inside the building to safeguard the data.

Vidar

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk