[Gllug] html editor

Chris Ball chris at void.printf.net
Tue Oct 22 16:55:14 UTC 2002

>> On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Daniel Andersson <daniel at septum.org> said:

   > i use homesite for php coding it does highlighting, supports many
   > files open at the same time (via a nice tab-system) AND it has a
   > LOVELY filebrowser open on the left all the time (speeds up
   > working in general, me thinks)

Um.  Have you ever used xemacs?

Have a look at:

   http://void.printf.net/~chris/xemacs.png

It's not my screenshot, but it gives an idea of what it can do.  I can't
see anything obvious missing from your list.  Only caveat is that it'll
be harder to get grips with than Homesite if you don't know it already.
(But less expensive, of course, and more powerful.)

Insert the gvim trolling here, I guess.  :-)

- Chris.
--
$a="printf.net";  Chris Ball | chris at void.$a | www.$a | finger: chris@$a

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk