[Gllug] shared debian cache dir

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Fri Oct 4 07:41:51 UTC 2002

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Vincent AE Scott muttered drunkenly:
> Nix(nix at esperi.demon.co.uk)@Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 08:24:08PM +0100:
>> On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Vincent AE Scott stated:
>> > [1] one root file system.
>>
>> It'd be a bit of a problem if you had two.
>
> come to think of it, i have a collection of root file systems.  my
> current favourite one, would be this one.

There's no excuse for using a crap root fs as your major work one :)

>> (Well actually this machine has five --- no, I tell a lie, six --- but
>> only one is mounted at any one time.)
>
> oh, i've only got 3 mounted at the minute, oh, and two on the laptop.

Oh, most of mine aren't mounted. I've got an emergency unmounted root fs
rsynced from the primary one every night in case something stamps on
this one, on the other disk from the primary root fs, and a pair of
umounted and rather outdated root fsen with rather more capabilities on
a pair of small slices one on each disk. The idea is that even if
something eats this entire box it should still be capable of doing its
most important job (packet forwarding to stop the network falling in
half) until I get around to repairing it.

And then there's two extra root fsen for machines whose disks are
mirrored from images on this one (mounted).

So I've got three mounted right now too.

(`root fsen I have known', hm, perhaps not.)

--
`It's hard to properly dramatize, say, the domestic effects of Dad's
 bank overdraft when a giant writhing kraken is levelling the city.'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk