[Gllug] Publicly available archives

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Thu Oct 24 07:26:17 UTC 2002

On Thu 24 Oct, Andrew Black bloviated thus:

> I don't wish to be a moaner. but I was a bit suprised to discover that the
> pearls of wisdom on this group are archived for the world (and spammers) to
> see.

1. The list is a resource for everyone.
2. Your email address isn't actually on there unless you put your
   email address in the email body.
3. If you're already getting spam, it's way too late now.  Learn how
   to filter it.  (Been trying bogofilter recently, very very good!)

> Do we have a policy on this - I would prefer if they are only available to
> subscibers!

What, so I would have to remember ANOTHER password?  So google won't
find it?  So spammers will have to subscribe before getting access,
but everyone else loses out?

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

 "Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" until
  you can find a rock."
- Will Rogers