[Gllug] Alternative e-mail client for those poor Windows users

Bernard Peek bap at shrdlu.com
Wed Oct 16 13:25:37 UTC 2002

In message <1034764192.777.15.camel at bennet>, John Winters
<john at linuxemporium.co.uk> writes
>I'm getting a steady stream of people (mostly friends) coming to me with
>tales of woe about the latest Outlook worms.  The obvious thing to tell
>them is to stop using Outlook but they still need to acces their e-mail.
>
>Can anyone recommend a good, preferably free (speech) Windows e-mail
>client?

One of the reasons I'm still using Windows is my mail & news reader,
Turnpike. It's free for anyone using Demon as their ISP and about £15
for anyone else. Unfortunately there's no trial version.

The only other Mail client that I've used and been happy with is Eudora.
I discovered that my old activation code covered the new version too.
IIRC the latest version is Adware.

There's a big gap in the market. There are a lot of companies that have
been forced to rip out Outlook.

--
Bernard Peek
bap at shrdlu.com