[Gllug] WHY do my emals appear as multi-part & MIME format

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Fri Oct 25 18:23:11 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 19:06, Dennis Kersh wrote:
> Clear Day My question is why do MY emails appear on my screen in three formats when they arrive on list?
> The samples are in case they don't appear the same on your screens.
> I am using Outlook Express with hotmail, if not that is it the settings on my computer. I hope my samples don't change on being reproduced here."Please reply in plain English os I can understand".
The later versions of Outlook send email in HTML by default.  On mailing
lists, this is considered quite rude.

I believe that Hotmail also sends email as HTML.

If you have a hunt around on the settings you may find the send settings
and change these to plain text.

There are some very good mail clients about such as mozilla
(Mozilla.org) that allow you to set different modes HTML / Plain text
for different email addresses.

A good reason not to use HTML is that the vast majority of emails do not
require any extra mark up.

I have seen MS clients bulk a 3k email to 30-50k.

Kind regards
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk