[Gllug] Anti-virus

Mark Lowes hamster at korenwolf.net
Tue Oct 22 13:34:51 UTC 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-22 at 14:16, Tethys wrote:
> Mark Lowes writes:
> >In defense of evolution :) it's proving to be a reasonably solid MUA
> >(backending onto multiple IMAP servers), yes there are things which I
> >dislike about it but then again the same was true of elm, mutt and pine :)
>
> My primary objection is that I don't trust Ximian. They've proved they
> have little clue about security, and I doubt their ability to ensure
> that Evolution will remain a secure platform in the face of customer
> demand to add more features to make it more Outlook-like.

However the main code is GPL so there's nothing stopping a code fork if
Ximian start being stupid, which is something which isn't limited to
companies.

> But that aside, it doesn't (AFAIK) support non-GUI access for those times
> when I'm remotely logged in via ssh from abroad. And it does (correct me

Not directly.  In those situations I tend to fall back to using mutt but
I've enough of a mail load that the drag and drop features of evolution
are enough of a life saver in my time.

> if I'm wrong) give me sufficient control over MIME attachments. I need to
> be able to specify, on a per-attachment basis, the content-type and
> transfer-encoding.

Not that I can find, I would like to see features such as being able to
specify that I want to see the non-html part of a multipart/alternative
email in preference to the html pile of crud.  As I said before there
are things I dislike / features I'm after.

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster at korenwolf.net>
http://www.korenwolf.net/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk