[Gllug] TV out

stan at plato.wadham.ox.ac.uk stan at plato.wadham.ox.ac.uk
Wed Oct 30 16:15:39 UTC 2002

> I was wondering that while Matrox and Nvidia provide cards that provide
> TV out under Linux, are there any that people would recommend?

Not a recommendation as such but a comment.  I'm using a G450LE (16MB
dual head thingy) which has an adapter for the second HD15 to give out
composite.  Most of the time it works really well, I use mplayer to
output to output a mpg or divx avi the TV whilst I continue to email
sat at the monitor.

Didn't do so well with an ogm (ogg media file) last night it kept
stuttering when I output to the TV (was fine on the monitor
though)...strange.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk