[Gllug] ntl cable modem

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Fri Oct 4 15:13:36 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 16:33, Jim Bailey wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 12:30:46PM +0100, Tethys wrote:
> >
> > Jim Bailey writes:
> >
> > >Checkout Alan Cox's and his wife Tesla's diaries for NTL customer
> > >service stories.
> >
> > Y'know, Telsa's not too impressed with people repeatedly confusing
> > her name with that of famed 19th century scientist, Nikolai Tesla.
> >
> Oops I apologise, getting names right is something I try to do.
>
> OT was it Tesla or Edison who did something unpleasant with stray cats.

Dogs, AFAIK.

Edison was and early pioneer in the electricity supply industry.
Edison favoured the direct current system, and Westinghouse the more
efficient AC system which we use today.

Edison had stray dogs electrocuted in public demonstrations,
and dubbed them as being 'Westinghoused'

--
John Hearns <john.hearns at cern.ch>
CERN

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk