[Gllug] Travan Drive issues

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Fri Oct 11 19:40:40 UTC 2002

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 05:54:24PM +0100, Darren wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to get my Seagate Travan drive running on my Debian 3 machine.
>
> I can see it:
> rama:root # dmesg | grep -i seagate
> hdc: Seagate STT20000A, ATAPI TAPE drive

Last time I looked, ftape didn't support IDE tape drives.  I think that
for this kind of tape you should use either the ide-tape module or
alternatively the ide-scsi module with the st (scsi tape) module.

ftape does floppy tape drives (i.e. ones that run off the Floppy Drive
Controller) and one or two parport tape drives.

--
Bruce

Bitterly it mathinketh me, that I spent mine wholle lyf in the lists
against the ignorant.  -- Roger Bacon, "Doctor Mirabilis"