[Gllug] DRI and multihead

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Fri Oct 4 13:45:48 UTC 2002

>heres the thing, i have two voodoo3 pci cards, currently my setup works
>happily in xinerama, obviously DRI doesnt work in this mode on both heads
>but i was wondering if it were possible to allow DRI on one or
>both heads independantly or the 2d systerm (would like to play with
>flightgear more)

DRI works fine on a dual headed setup if you're not using Xinerama.
You can have one accelerated head, and one unaccelerated. The only
thing to watch out for is memory. I have a Matrox G450, and because
it's a single card, the video memory is split 50/50 between the two
heads. Sadly, this doesn't give enough RAM for the primary head to
be accelerated at my preferred reslution. Thus I have to restart
the X server at a lower resolution every time I want to run UT :-(

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk