[Gllug] Can't connect to the Internet.

itsbruce at uklinux.net itsbruce at uklinux.net
Tue Oct 29 10:37:05 UTC 2002

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 10:11:54AM +0000, Andrew Halliwell wrote:
> > Andrew
> > >Drop down to a command line (CTRL ALT F1),
> >
> > I did that and I got a totally black screen that frightened the hell out of
> > me. I had to do a reboot to get back to normal.
>
> Black screen eh?
> Looks like the frame buffer's setting a mode your monitor can't handle.

I think it's more simple than that.  I'm fairly sure that if he'd
pressed Alt-rightarrow or Alt-leftarrow or Alt-F2 he'd have found
himself at a working console.  Depending on how X is configured you can
find yourself with a completely blank console as well as the extra one
that X uses.  I don't know why, I'm no expert on X, but it's happened to
me before.

--
Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk