[Gllug] Alternative e-mail client for those poor Windows users

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Thu Oct 17 08:51:19 UTC 2002

Mike Brodbelt writes:

>I have pop-ups disabled, and every time I look over the shoulder of
>an IE using colleague, I'm amazed at the quantity of crap I never
>normally have to see.

Indeed. My company recently ran a "double cashback" promotion, part
of which involved having a popup from our front page. A couple of
weeks after I put the new site live, our head of marketing came
round and said "So Tet, what do you think of the double cashback
promotion?". She was a bit taken aback when I gave her a blank
look and asked "What promotion?". I'd never seen the popup, and
hadn't realised it was even meant to be there...

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk