[Gllug] Digital Television and radio

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Fri Oct 4 14:21:19 UTC 2002

On Fri 04 Oct, Stuart Children bloviated thus:

> ISTR Wavefinder (is that right?) cards going relatively cheap somewhere a
> while ago... those looked pretty nice but I think I couldn't really
> justify it at the time. Did their manufacturer go under or something?
> Don't have time to look up the details right now. It is a shame the DTT
> cards don't do DAB. I don't know enough about the technologies to know if
> this is reasonable...

I think you mean the Psion one.  I don't think they've quite gone
under yet, though they do have trouble keeping a web server working.
No Linux support though.

http://www.wavefinder.com/

> I am *very* interested in this too. I know a couple of people with
> Hauppage Nova-T's and I've been thinking about getting one for a while.
> This announcement (especially as you say with the radio stations) makes me
> pretty definite. The Nova-T is capable of doing radio (not DAB) I know. I
> also know of one being used to capture video on Linux so at least some
> support is there.

Check this out:
http://www.cadsoft.de/people/kls/vdr/index.htm

You're drooling.  Not a good look.

Not sure if the Nova-T is supported with this though...

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Women might be able to fake orgasms.