[Gllug] Anti-virus

Mark Lowes hamster at korenwolf.net
Tue Oct 22 14:37:22 UTC 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-22 at 14:57, Tethys wrote:
> Vidar Hokstad writes:
> >I'm sure that if Ximian does something fundamentally stupid, someone
> >will fork Evolution to provide something safe. After all, the option
> >of doing that is one of the nice things about open source.
>
> That's true, but only if someone notices. Having the source is one
> thing, but having someone properly audit it is another entirely...

No different to all the other projects out there.

How many of them have had their code audited and pose equal or greater
threats to network / machine security?

Make sure you've drunk enough to ensure you can sleep before thinking
about that too much :)

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster at korenwolf.net>
http://www.korenwolf.net/