[Gllug] Help please

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Tue Oct 1 20:03:12 UTC 2002

Neil Fryer wrote:

>Hi All
>
>Silly question, but I need someone from outside to hit this link for me and
>tell me if they can get to the website behind it.
>
>http://217.35.108.44/exchange  or even just http://217.35.108.44
>
>Thanks

I get the following error going to exchange directory.

I tried a colleagues w2k machine and I get a prompt to login.  I have
used exchange 2000 webmail client under linux/mozilla and it worked
fine.  I am not sure why it would not offer a login prompt to mozilla in
its current form.

Cheers
Xander

    HTTP Error 401

*401.2 Unauthorized: Logon Failed due to server configuration*

This error indicates that the credentials passed to the server do not
match the credentials required to log on to the server. This is usually
caused by not sending the proper WWW-Authenticate header field.

Please contact the Web server's administrator to verify that you have
permission to access to requested resource.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk