[Gllug] Re: MetaPost woes

Stig Brautaset stigbrau at start.no
Thu Oct 3 00:51:41 UTC 2002

On Sep 03 2002, gllug was overheard saying:
> Hello again GLLUG'ers,
>
> I'm experimenting with MetaPost, but experience trouble with the `label'
> primitive. If I use a label in a MetaPost-file and process it with
> MetaPost it produces a postscript file as normal. The problem is that it
> makes ghostscript barf. Files that does not use the `label' primitive
> works fine.

Just wanted to say that I've found a solution to this problem now :)
The trick is that it only works if you embed the produces postscript in
your (La)TeX file, produce a .dvi by runnig (la)tex on it, _then_ run
the resulting dvi through dvips. The resulting postscript file will
work, but the .dvi will crash.

The above require the use of \usepackage[dvips]{graphicx} in the
document preamble and \includegraphics{figname.1} in the body where you
want the picture to go.

Stig
--
brautaset.org