[Gllug] Apache 2+Coldfusion MX+Jrun 3.1

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Fri Oct 4 09:25:24 UTC 2002

On Thursday, October 3, 2002, at 12:01 PM, Neil Fryer wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if all of these will run on Apache 2 as I have
> heard that
> there is no PHP support for Apache 2 yet?

There is support for PHP in Apache 2, but you need to compile apache
without a multithreaded MPM. The reason for this is that, although the
core PHP library is meant to be thread safe, many of the extensions
aren't. Obviously, compiling apache like this removes one of the
advantages that apache 2 offers, though you still get enough goodies to
make the move an interesting possibility.

On a related note, watch out for lots of mod_perl modules to break as
you move from apache 1.3.x to apache 2: the way that the cwd is
determined has changed. FWIW, mod_perl2 treats the cwd as being the
root of the apache installation (as apache does) rather than the
directory from which the script was run. When I last had a play with
it, there were moves to try and get a module that faked it to allow
more backwards compatibility.

Cheers,

Simon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk