[Gllug] Samba optimisation

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Mon Oct 14 14:27:32 UTC 2002

Hi All,
I have a Samba Server running here for the company. The 2 accounts staff use
Sage Line 50 which is one of those DOS based Windows frontend type
applications. When running reports, it has literally hundreds of files open
at a time. These files are on a samba share and the end result is PAINFULLY
slow reports. When run with the files on the local Hard-drive, they are quite
quick and (perversely), they are quite quick when the files are shared from a
Windows 95/98 machine. So its a samba/linux file-locking or somesuch issue.
Is this a known issue? Is there something I can tweak in smb.conf?
Steve

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk