[Gllug] Re: [Gllug]thoughts on mulberry client

Steve Nicholson yahoogroups at yoursolutions.com
Thu Oct 17 13:32:31 UTC 2002

from the "Alternative e-mail client for those poor Windows users" thread
On Wed, 16 Oct 2002 16:23:15 +0100 Thom May wrote:
> Mulberry.
> http://www.cyrusoft.com/mulberry/
> It's try for 30 days ware, but it is probably one of the better imap
> maillers on the planet.

Looks interesting. Any on this list using it on Linux/unix?  I think I remember seeing something about it supporting sieve on imap servers.  Is this correct?  Meaning it makes it easier to write sieve scripts/filters and put them on the server.

What's it like from a keyboard users point of view?  I find GUI useful for times when I want to do something new or not done often but prefer using key commands for repetitive stuff.  Can key commands be changed to my liking?  I'm still to delve into Mutt due to the concern of lost time setting it up and learning all the bits I need to know.

Does it do threaded views?

I'm after the imap support, really want to get away from Outlook, trying sylpheed-claws but not convinced on it (like the spell checking feature).  My test at the moment is if I can easily read my morning mail while eating breakfast.  Not having to put my serial bowl down to make changes or too many keystrokes to quickly skim through everything is important you know.

thanks
Steve.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk