[Gllug] Weird network problem

Allen Baranov allen at isa.co.za
Fri Oct 25 08:16:20 UTC 2002

Hi,
It may be a faulty network card. It may be sending information out but
not getting any back. DNS should work because it is UDP but TCP won't.
It may be that there is a problem with ARPs. Test also the cable because
that is usually why this happens. I've seen this issue with a faulty hub
too.
Allen Baranov

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk