[Gllug] Maths Books [OFF TOPIC]

Vidar Hokstad vidar at hokstad.name
Fri Oct 18 16:07:02 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-10-18 at 16:52, Tethys wrote:

> "Jackson, Harry" writes:
>
> >This is also the reason why I have decided to study maths next year
> >rather than UML/Java, maths is not going to disappear in my lifetime
> >but I doubt Java will still be around.
>
> A wise decision. And if there's any justice in this world, UML will be
> long dead before too much longer...

It's a pity there seems to be so few advances in good (as opposed to
UML) visual modelling, though. I'd love to have a nice visual
development and modelling tool that actually "works".

And before anyone mentions typical IDE's like kdevelop or Anjuta etc.,
let me say that I'm not thinking about a glorified text editor with
class browsers etc., but something that would let me seemlessly do
modelling and attach structured meta information etc. to my code in a
visual way without getting in the way in the cases where all I want to
do is sit down and dump a few thousand lines of code off the top of my
head.

Vidar

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk