[Gllug] Type of Install Server/WorkerStation/Custom

Ms. Lene Jensen ljensen at redhat.com
Fri Sep 20 12:56:46 UTC 2002

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Tethys wrote:

> >Kickstart is very versatile.  You can use components (such as @Kernel
> >Development, @Gnome, @kde) or single rpms (e.g. mutt, binutils) and so
> >on.  In addition, you kan have third party rpms as long as they are in
> >the hdlist.  In the post section you can create users, create
> >directories, install thirdparty rpms (those _not_ in hdlist), and other
> >scripts.
>
> It's sounding good so far. What about things like partitioning schemes?

Full control, you set up your own partitions:

Here is an example:
clearpart --linux
part /boot --fstype ext3 --onpart hda2
part /var --fstype ext3 --onpart hda6
part /dos --fstype ext3 --onpart hda1
part / --fstype ext3 --onpart hda5 --grow
part /home --fstype ext3 --onpart hda9
part swap --onpart hda8

You have more options than this as well, check the kickstart howto
(dunno where it is, although I read it last week...)

LJ
--
10 Alan Turing Road | Tel: +441483734926 | Want Linux training or
Guildford           | Fax: +441483734956 | certification?  Go to

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk