Control of MX record - (Was - Re: [Gllug] Web hosting, email and dns)

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Sat Sep 7 10:09:05 UTC 2002

On Sat, 7 Sep 2002, Colin Murphy wrote:

> Through the 123-reg web interface, I've only got access to change A and
> CNAME records.  Is this unusual?  If so, would this be peculiar to just
> .me.uk domains?  If I had bought a .co.uk would I have got more control?

It is unusual that you get any direct control at all if you are not
running your own name servers.

I cannot offer further comment on the specifics of 123-reg's service as I
don't use it. My previous comments were more general in nature and were
intended to give you the basic data you need to find a solution to the
problem you mentioned.

If the service I am producing were ready I'd try to sell it to you. It is
not though and I don't have a ready date so I wont.

Perhaps someone else onlist can point to a provider who offers what you
need?

Jason Clifford
--
UKPOST.COM	 	           get your @ukpost.com address now...