[Gllug] mutt configuration revisited

Kim Hawtin kim at freesolutions.net
Fri Sep 6 17:23:21 UTC 2002

Stig wrote:
> Is it possible to have mutt behave like this:
>
>         When I exit a mail folder, or press `$' for sync-mailbox, mutt
>         iterates over each mail individually and take action according
>         to any save-hook specified. Thus, (undeleted) mail relating to
>         this list are saved to the +gllug (or whatever) mail folder, and
>         mail relating to debian/procmail goes to their respective mail
>         folders as well.
>
> I've studied `man muttrc' quite extensively, but cannot see a way to do
> this. If somebody knows a way this can be done, please give me a hint.
> Going through the folder manually and pressing 's\r' achieves what I
> want, but I'm looking for a way to automate it.
>
> Sure, I could filter the mail with procmail, but then I have to jump
> back and forth between mailboxes for normal reading.

it depends on whether you read main in batches, say, at the begining of
the day, and the end of the day, then this is fine.

but if you read mail interactively all day then this is an arse.

procmail has some very neat features for moving mail to folders as it
gets delivered, which is nice for maildir, but an arse for imap...

it all depends on how much time you have available ..

kim.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk