[Gllug] OT: conspiracy re. US Gov. and 911

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Wed Sep 4 11:23:22 UTC 2002

Pavel Bradut Boghita(bradut at freeuk.com)@Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 09:57:54PM +0100:
> and because this is my hour for daft comments I'd say this: to me the world
> is just like a local council, but bigger. We all know that the management
> sucks, we talk our frustrations through from time to time and get on with our
> "jobs" trying to do the best with what we've got.

heres a thought, and I'm not having a dig at you BTW.

if everyone has this level of complacency (and i certainly do), then how
much of an impact would an event have to have before we got involved in
it.

i.e. if people sit around watching telly, not thinking for themselves
and being told what to think by broadcasters.  it might possibly take
something of this magnitude and impact to motivate them to-do something.

a few thousand people slaughtered in a sky scraper is a bad thing, but
thousands of people die every day in the third world.  yet we don't see
the great American people rallying together to address that problem.

--
keys:  http://codex.net/pgp/gpg.asc http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 We're not any better; we've got our own set of nonstandardisms.
 Just not those ones.
 -- Tom Lane

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk