[Gllug] Faulty graphics card

Rickey Costas rickey at lefteris.co.uk
Thu Sep 12 12:23:46 UTC 2002

If its a card with a fan on, it can be caused the fan failing. NVidia fans are
crap.  Its often (but not always) preceeded, by a loud noise too, which is the
fan starting to fail. Additionally you can often see the fan isnt spinning
properly (with the machine on obviously).

If you catch the problem early enough, you can replace the fan before failure.
If you are going to replace the fan, by far the easiest way to remove the old
fan, is when it is fresh from the machine. You want it to be nice and warm so
the glue is soft.

Hope that helps,

Rickey.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk