[Gllug] Have I been compromised??

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Mon Sep 2 11:52:49 UTC 2002

>c) make sure your box is running some sort of simple ipchains
>firewalling rules - and learn about these

The problem with firewalling rules is that for them to be effective,
you really have to know something about the subject area first. For
those looking to learn, I'd highly recommend O'Reilly's "Internet
Core Protocols: The Definitive Guide" by Eric A. Hall. It's a bit
too wordy in places, and states the obvious 27 times in a row, but
the basic information's all there, and in a more readily digestible
form than just reading the RFCs.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk