[Gllug] Modems again

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Thu Sep 5 05:08:36 UTC 2002

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 01:07:01AM +0200, Norman Duncan wrote:
> I have just got a new "generic2 built laptop with internal modem:
> All the information I have is ...
>     Billionton MDC (V2.92.06) Smartlink USB 56
>
> Can anyone help me to get it running ... please.

I have checked out http://www.winmodems.org and followed the links to
various site there are a lot of different Billionton kits about.  It
look like they use Conexant chipsets for at least some of them which is
not entirely bad.  You need more info knowing the chipset makes it a
whole lot easier you may need to chase up the laptop support people.

If it has got a Linux driver for the chipset then your fun is just
begining.

Hope you have luck with the chipset info.

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk