[Gllug] getting into the linux work scene

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Wed Sep 4 08:29:51 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-09-04 at 10:19, Tethys wrote:

> >But the king of such shaggy crash stories has to be
> ><891kot$7uj at weyl.math.psu.edu>.
>
> If that's Al Viro's godlike heroics (which IIRC, involved handcrafting
> ELF files and the like -- who needs a compiler/linker anyway?), then
> thank you! I've been looking for a reference to it for ages. That said,

Hmmm... maybe that sort of thing would make a good PFY test.

And, having just read Vince's article on safe cracking, maybe a
sort of 'geek olympics'.
You have one broken system, a floppy disk, a spool of dental floss.
The stopwatch starts NOW.
And you don't get any coffee till the first web page is served.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk