[Gllug] metapost woes

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Wed Sep 4 15:02:41 UTC 2002

>As can be seen, the above caused no trouble for gs. The below, however,
>does. I have typed in other examples too, directly from the MetaPost
>manual, but all the ones with labels in them fail. Does anyone else
>experience this? Is there something fundamentally wrong with my system,
>or should I file a bug report?

Yep, file a bug report. Metapost isn't doing a very good job of
generating PostScript. For a start, the "cmr10" following the "(hello
world)" should be "/cmr10" to mark it as a literal and prevent the
PostScript interpreter from trying to do anything with it. Secondly,
it appears to be forgetting to include a suitable header that defines
the fshow function. As an aside, it should also be including the cmr10
font itself, since it's not a standard PostScript font, and thus while
your Linux system may well have it when you preview the file with
gs/gv, your PostScript printer almost certainly won't when you try
and print it...

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk