[Gllug] debian woody installation problem

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Wed Sep 25 16:46:13 UTC 2002

Stig Brautaset(stigbrau at start.no)@Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 01:52:45PM +0100:
> On Sep 25 2002, Xander was overheard saying:
> > Allen Wayne wrote:
> >
> > >Anyone know of a Linux app capable of converting .mov to animated
> > >gif??? My ex wants me to buy her a mac to do it!!!!
> > >
> > I am not sure you have the hang of this ex thingy!   :-)
>
> :)
>
> Allen, try 'mencoder' (comes with mplayer). I don't know, but it can do
> an awful lot of other formats.

also, look at transcode.  which IMHO is the defacto standard for video
format interchange.  altho i dont know if animated gif is directly
possible, it might be possible to use it as an intermediate step if it
isnt.

http://www.theorie.physik.uni-goettingen.de/~ostreich/transcode/

--
keys:  http://codex.net/pgp/gpg.asc http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc