[Gllug] SSH VNC & Tunnels

French, Alastair Alastair.French at racalinst.co.uk
Thu Sep 5 12:16:31 UTC 2002

On Thursday, September 05, 2002 12:33 PM, Stephen Harker
[SMTP:steve at pauken.co.uk] wrote:

> your localhost not 5902.
> The 590x ports are for when you are running the Java VNC client (in IE
say).
> That is if you connect to the box on 5906 with a browser, it will serve up
> Java applet which runs a VNC session inside the browser window (neat!)
> So, with your current setup, try connectiog to http://localhost:5902 (from

> your Windows machine) and see if you connect.
>
> If you forward 5802 --> localhost:5806 and 5902 --> localhost:5906, then
you
> have a choice :-)
> Steve

Thanks for that, I have tried it and it makes no difference. I can't use the
java method either. The logs still show connection refused by server

According to the docs vnc runs on 590x the 580x are used for the in browser
Java client.

Alastair

> --

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential. It may also be legally privileged. It is intended only for the stated addressee(s) and access to it by any other person is unauthorised. If you are not an addressee, you must not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information contained in this e-mail. Such unauthorised use may be unlawful.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please inform RACAL INSTRUMENTS LTD. immediately by phoning +44 (0)1628 604455 (ask for the I.T. dept) and delete it and all copies from your system.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk