[Gllug] [OT] 802.3 standard

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Thu Sep 26 07:34:35 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 09:29, French, Alastair wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Apologies for the slightly OT mail.
>
> We are looking for the physical characteristics of the 10Base-T / 100Base-T
> ethernet standard. I think it is 802.3. All we need is the voltage levels
> (or current if it is a current loop system) and symbol / bit rate. I have
> had good look around the web, but people only want to sell me the entire
> standard at vast sums.
>
> I hope someone has this info or can at least point me in the right direction

Come on now... what else would I recommend but an OReilly book?

Have a look at "Ethernet - the definitive guide" by Charles Spurgeon.
It has all sorts of things about Ethernet in it.

Must rush off to a meeting, so don't have time to look in my own copy.
Sorry!

BTW, we have an original Ethernet tap on display in a glass case in the
computer centre. It is HUGE.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk