[Gllug] font problem with sawfish

Paul paul at rbg.uklinux.net
Mon Sep 16 21:18:04 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 22:43, Paul wrote:

> I've got an annoying font problem which I think is with sawfish.
>
> All the window manager menus are in a strange e x t r a - w i d e font.
> If I run the sawfish config tool (sawfish-ui?) from the Gnome window
> manager menu all the text in this is similar.
>
> If I then try to change the default font from here (I'm hoping this will
> solve the problem) the sawfig config crashes.

In case anyone else is having similar problems, I think it may have be
caused by Microsoft withdrawing their free web font downloads and thus
the package being withdrawn from debian.

I've now upgraded to Gnome 2 and metacity for the window manager which
has got round the problem anyway.

...only now the buttons have gone blank on the Co-op Bank's java-based
internet banking site with Mozilla 1.1 and the Sun java plugin...

Paul.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk