[Gllug] List server with vitual host support

Tom Gilbert tom at linuxbrit.co.uk
Sat Sep 7 22:38:00 UTC 2002

* Jim Bailey (jim at freesolutions.net) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am on the cadge again for the impossible.  This time it mailing list
> servers with virtual host/domain support similar to Apache and Postfix.
> I have been running Mailman for a little while now with reasonable
> success but what I am really looking for is the ability to run the same
> lists on different virtual domains for example.
>
> support at lists.example.org and support at lists.anotherexample.org
>
> I have been trawling the Mailman docs and google for some way but it
> appears that this will cause Mailman to barf.  Does anyone know a way I
> can do this under Mailman or recommend a list server that this can be
> fairly easily on.  All help gratefully received even if it it simply
> RTFM here and here.

I don't use postfix, but I've done this before with exim. Seeing as each
list is handled by an aliases entry, you just enable domains for your
alias lookups (MTA dependant, I usually set up multiple
/etc/mail/aliases.$domain), then you set the alias to the mailman
command for each group to be different for each domain.

Tom.
--
   /V\    | Tom Gilbert, London, England | http://linuxbrit.co.uk |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk