[Gllug] rxvt setting default for -sl

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Fri Sep 13 11:34:29 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 12:55, Tethys wrote:

> >Is there a way I can set a larger default for savelines in rxvt?  I know I can
> >start it with "rxvt -sl 200" etc, but was wondering if there is a way to set
> >the default as larger with out recompiling.
>
> Put the following line in your .Xdefaults:
>
> 	Rxvt*saveLines:     200
>
> >Also am I correct to use rxvt rather than xterm or some other terminal
> >program?
>
> There's pros and cons to various terminal emulators. The traditional
> reason for using rxvt (and xvt before it) was reduced memory usage,
> compared to xterm (mostly due to the lack of a Tektronics emulator).
Tektonics terminals... now you're talking.

Once, I thought I was the cat's pyjamas when I got delivered a
Falco terminal. It did VT220 emulation, and you could hot-key to
a Tektronix emulated screen too.
Good lord... I developed GKS graphics on that thing (if anyone
remembers that)

This was in the days when REAL Tek terminals came on wheels.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk