[Gllug] time for a change

Adam Bower adam.bower at framestore-cfc.com
Fri Sep 27 08:13:53 UTC 2002

Hi there,

I have been using Debian as my main desktop for some time now and
recently formatted my disk so I could get win98 and win2k on it for some
games that I want to play.

Anyhow I was thinking of shoving Debian back on my desktop but thought
maybe I should try something else for a while first. Does anyone have
any suggestions of alternative things to try? My thoughts have been
Gentoo, FreeBSD, Plan9 or GNU/Hurd for some experimentation. I have
thought of maybe trying Redhat 8 or Mandrake 9 but I have never
particulary loved those distros.... The other sick idea I had was to
perhaps put Cygwin on top of win2k as it would save reboots to play
games, but then I wouldn't really be supporting games on Linux (Unreal
Tournament 2003 rocks on Linux btw, and I have already ordered my copy
and will be emailing the developers and marketing companies to say
thanks for the linux port :))

Any suggestions for an alternative OS/Distro?

Thanks
Adam

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk