[Gllug] time for a change

Adam Bower adam.bower at framestore-cfc.com
Fri Sep 27 08:42:37 UTC 2002

Alain Williams wrote:

> What a timely comment:
> 	http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/print/0,23102,3399433,00.html

Actually I saw that this morning and thought it was a complete copout, I
remember a few years ago setting out with a friend to install as many OS
as we could using there *own* bootloaders (where possible) on a 4 gig
disk. It was far more challenging as some boot loaders got upset where
they were and some destroyed other OS boot loaders etc. some were upset
about where they were on the disk etc. Anyhow we got onto the machine IIRC

Solaris
SCO
BeOS 3 and 4
FreeBSD, OpenBSD
QNX
Netware
NT 4 and win95 & 98
Debian, Redhat, Storm and Mandrake (and we felt this was a copout as
they were still only Linux)
OS/2
Dos6 and Win3.11 and a few others that must have been small due to a
lack of diskspace and that we were downloading them over a 56k modem

I did read that this guy didn't install some OS because they were
"tricky" or something, when we set out and tried to go for as many as
possible we prefered ones that liked to be difficult although we did
have to resort to using other bootloaders for a few of them at times.

Adam

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk