[Gllug] useful script (maybe) for Debian users

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Mon Sep 23 01:55:47 UTC 2002

On Sun, Sep 22, 2002 at 11:16:04PM +0100, Stig wrote:
> Hi!
>
> My Debian system is mostly Woody, but some packages are from Sid.  I
> couldn't find anywhere a tool that could tell me which packages on my
> system are from Woody and which are from Sid, so I ended up writing one.
> The script is available from my web page if anybody's interested.

Try aptitude.  In addition to being a better front-end to the package
system than dselect, it can be used to do complex searches.   It can do
this within the curses UI or from cli parameters, in which case it
simply returns a list rather than entering interactive mode.

	aptidude search ~Atesting~i

would give you all installed packages from the testing archive.

--
Bruce

A problem shared brings the consolation that someone else is now
feeling as miserable as you.