[Gllug] getting into the linux work scene

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sat Sep 7 19:52:40 UTC 2002

On Wed, 04 Sep 2002, Tethys stipulated:

>>But the king of such shaggy crash stories has to be
>><891kot$7uj at weyl.math.psu.edu>.
>
> If that's Al Viro's godlike heroics (which IIRC, involved handcrafting

Quite so.

> ELF files and the like -- who needs a compiler/linker anyway?), then

Handcrafting ELF files and the like when there was no working ld.so...

> thank you! I've been looking for a reference to it for ages. That said,
> neither google or google groups return anything for the article number
> you gave. Any further pointers?

It's google groups, and that message-ID is indeed in there:
<http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=891kot%247uj%40weyl.math.psu.edu&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain>

--
`Mips are real and bitrate earnest, shifting spam is not our goal;
 silicon to sand returnest, was not spoken of the soul.'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk