[Gllug] Network maps

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Sat Sep 28 09:42:35 UTC 2002

Vincent AE Scott wrote:

> Adam Bower(adam.bower at framestore-cfc.com)@Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 04:41:40PM +0100:
> > Vincent AE Scott wrote:
> > >

> IMHO, (and after having dissed it a bit), OpenNMS is probably your
> best option.  only because its more advanced than the free alternatives,
> and is somewhat cheaper than the commercial alternative.
>
> altho, i havent looked at cheops-ng, maybe it has improved.

I don't think it has improved all that much.
As I said, the simple alerting feature is no longer there,
and IMHO net network auto-layout isn't all that good.
As you say, OK for small networks.

Someone did point me towards a development on Big Sister -
but for te life of me I can't remember, as the name they had chosen
was silly and not memorable.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk